Monday, January 05, 2009

Michael Jackson moment(s)

Never thought you find an almost-unknown blogger trespassing through this almost-barren land isn't it? As promised, and since i'm bored, (new people here apparently sleep super early. Like 9pm early) i've decided to walk you through the life of a she-Michael Jackson.

I'm not completely burried under metres of snow, but it has been the coldest week ever for UK. And as of this moment that i'm blogging now, it's about -4. It can go to -8 sometimes. And being generous, the college decides to off the heater now and again at night. They thought sharing the cold winds would do us some good. I'm still harvesting a flu cause, it seems to have rooted itself into me, so it's really cold out, and i can't feel my nose. That is a Michael Jackson moment. (I stole Junn's line from his blog)

College hasn't exactly started. I haven't started studying but i already sat for an English test, and soon to follow, a Math test. Wish me luck on that. My math is getting a little rusty. Perhaps 1 + 1 questions may appear. English was basically a placement paper to see if you're in the 'Bad' band or the 'Worst' band. I completely feel out of place at times cause everyone here is rather smart in a non-geeky way.

We've got a student hall with 6 iMacs and disco's once in a while plus 4 fusball tables. In the gym they've got a not so huge court. It's bigger than Dalat, but it isn't very big. They've got floorball. Or so i hope it is. They call it Unihoc here. But i think i'd be the only one playing. It's okay, it's about time someone revamped the floorball spirit into these bookworms.

Talking about bookworms, my neighbour is a bookworm and she proudly admits to that. She actually brought her own dictionary. I didn't bother. Though, one would be good. I can read the dictionary if there's a fire and all my other entertaining have turned into ashes. But i'd rather be making a snowash-man out of the ashes. Well my housemates are nice. I stay in a single room. The shower is rather dingy, but i'm still thankful we get hot water. Nice it-burns-your-skin hot water.

If i'm short on books i walk across the hall, if i'm short on food i knock next door, if i feel like pinching cheeks, i go across the hall too. There's a common kitchen, as in really common, it's in the middle of snow covered lands open for everyone. The pool is small and my room is small. I can't split not because i'm not flexible enough but because there's not enough space. I feel like an outsider cause i came with only clothes and a packet of noodles. I guess i'm living off my suitcase.

Oh, my room is pretty much boring. 4 solid walls, 1 window and a sink. Pretty much sounds like prison. There's about 4 dudes from penang. No girls. And the guys all speak mandarin. The girls, we already pretty much have cliques. I'm not in any particular one, but i'm still bouncing around.

p/s. Dear G12 members, you are free to sign with any team but Youthwave is our living glory! We've held ourselves mighty for all the years thus far, let's continue our legacy! Study smart, play hard. We still stand as a team. I might be thousands of galaxies away, but i'm still G12 in spirit. Alumni! =D I'd like to watch you make me proud. Get skype, get wireless and stream it to my room!! I miss playing floorball very much. I even miss playing in that gym, under tables, across broken planks. When you believe, nothing is impossible. Be strong!

xxx
13. Lara.UK

No comments: